Piano lessons should offer more than just practising scales and playing from existing scores; it should be a magical carpet ride that unlocks a world of possibilities!
During his nearly two decades of teaching, Philip de Villiers has encouraged both young and old to experiment, connect and reconnect with the myriad of possibilities that the piano presents. While Philip’s approach is relaxed, he pays close attention to detail.
“20 % of kids learn to play music. 70 % of adults wish they had.” – Australian Bureau of Statistics
Philip will teach you in the comfort of your own home, or you can choose between his city studio in Waterloo, or at his North Shore studio in Gordon where you can embark on a musical adventure through:
- Playing for fun: learning any song by ear and working out your own fun arrangement
- Developing your music skills by learning theory, technique and correct fingering
- Playing your songs in different keys, so you can have fun playing with singers and other instrumentalists!
- Mastering popular chord progressions
- Composition (optional): writing basic melodies and constructing an arrangement around these.
Book a lesson today! Rates below